EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BAKING AND DESSERTS
A guide on making your event even sweeter with desserts
There is no better way to bring people together than with baking and desserts,” and here at My Little Youngsters Club, we’d have to agree! No party is ever really complete without a bit of eye candy (literally) to accompany your special occasion. Desserts amp up that ‘wow factor’, and you can design them to fit the theme of your event or present them in unique ways to make a statement.
And, just like choosing the rest of your decorations, you have just as many options selecting desserts! From soft serve to ice cream, fairy floss, eclairs, cupcakes, glazed doughnuts, cake pops, macaroons, and of course cake, there’s so many ways for you and your guests to indulge.
Every sweet tooth is sure to find the right dessert for that special occasion on My Little Youngsters Club . We’ve curated a list of the best baking suppliers and products in South Coast Massachusetts & Bristol Rhode Island so you don’t have to worry about hunting them down yourself. We’ve even listed baked goods that can enhance the dessert, such as cake toppers, cake stands, cupcake kits, and candles.
Prepare for some serious Instagrammable cakes and sweets as we present to you the ultimate guide for baking and desserts for weddings and events.
A dessert for every occasion with My Little Youngsters Club
Baking and Desserts is true love! Whatever the occasion, you can be sure there’s a dessert that’s right for it. Whether it’s a wedding, kid’s party, hens day or baby shower, you can always add a personal touch and get your bake on with our DIY recipes. If you’re going to tackle the dessert yourself, there’s going to be a few things you’ll need, such as cake molds, cookie cutters, and baking cups.
Or, you can let the professionals handle this one by hiring a trusted cake maker from South Coast Massachusetts. This list is provided by Moms on my Facebook page
- Stephanie’s Creative Cakes & Cookies:
- Cakes by Jen
- Cakes by Samantha & more
- Cravings Cafe & Cakery
- Mumma Cakes
- Stephanie’s Creative Cakes & Cookies
Party desserts for a crowd
Wondering what to serve at your event? Here’s the most popular party desserts for a crowd (and some new ideas!):
- Cake: Red Velvet. Chocolate. Salted Caramel. Strawberry Shortcake. We all have a favorite cake flavor, and it’s the original party dessert. Cakes can be baked into just about any shape – perfect for themed events or when you need to serve a large number of guests.
- Cupcakes: Originally served only at kid’s parties, cupcakes became the preferred choice of desserts to serve at weddings or engagement parties because it allowed the host to cater for a few different flavors, giving people more choice. They’re also super convenient to carry!
- Gelato: Gelato is the new cake… or so we’ve heard. Hiring a gelato cart for your event is a fairly new trend and has surged in popularity! It’s the perfect treat for for a pool party, kid’s birthday or even at a summer wedding!
- Pinata: A pinata provides the best fun for a kid’s birthday or fun celebration. Stock it full of wrapped lollies and it’ll be a hit – literally! Add some confetti to provide an element of further surprise.
- Fairy floss: Add an element of theatrics to your party. Amusement desserts such as fairy floss, popcorn, or even a chocolate fountain go down a treat, and are great for a kid’s party or a carnival-themed event.
- Desserts table: Can’t decide on which type of dessert to have at your event? Why not have a mix of some, or all? Set up a desserts table and feature all your favorite sweets for a truly Instagrammable spread!
Party games with food
To really have some fun with your dessert, why not turn them into an activity? Here are some fun party game ideas that you could play:
- Taste Test: Blindfold and guess what you’re eating. This is a great idea for baby showers, where you can fill unused diapers with melted chocolate, caramel, and other yummy flavors.
- Treasure Hunt: Hide all sorts of yummy sweets. Perfect for a kid’s party or Easter
- Create your own cupcake: Fill a table with an assortment of sweets and different icing colors, and get guests to decorate their own ice cream or cupcake. This could be a cute hen’s day activity.
- Doughnut game: Place donuts on a string, tie hands behind backs, and see who can eat the doughnut first. This is a fun game for all ages and occasions!
If you’re a Cake maker in city’s, towns & villiages we cater, please send us a message and we’ll add you to you directory